Thursday, October 6, 2016

Zucchini is overtaking the kitchen!!!

Usually zuchinni is the dreaded thing that gets left on your porch here in Utah.  Since mine got eaten by the squash bugs this year I was glad to take some of my brothers off his hands.  I got three pretty large ones and went to work trying out new recipes. I found some not so good ones and some delicious ones.   

This one was great and used maple syrup instead of sugar.  
They were labeled  "Healthy" zuchinni muffins
1 2/3 c white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c maple syrup
1/2 c milk
1/4 c coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 1/2 c grated fresh zuchinni
1/3 c rolled oats. 

Ok so I think I did a few things wrong that made them turn out super flat and cumbly.  I used whole wheat flour,  and I also used 1 c maple syrup by mistake.  ops that was an expensive mistake.   








 As you can see they came out flat as a pancake well have to do a round two of that recipe and do it right this time.  haha.  




Then the next one I did was just your classic zuchinni bread but it was labeled the best ever... 


3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 c grated zuchinni
3 eggs
1/2 c apple sauce
1/2 c vegetable oil
2  1/4 c sugar
4 tsp vanilla extract



It turned out pretty good.  We ate both loafs within 2 days.  So I made another batch and it has lasted a little bit longer.  My daughter loves it which is a miracle because she is so picky.  This is great.  

Then after all of that cooking of course the dishes had to be done.  There was a whole other big stack to the side of this but it was well worth it.  I love trying out new recipes and they turn out.  I can add them to my book.  


No comments:

Post a Comment