Monday, October 10, 2016

My own foaming soap

This post goes along with my DoTerra oils I have recently been using.  They have been wonderful.   We rub lavendar on the kdis feet at night and they love it.  It tickles them and they have fun putting in on each other.  I feel like they sleep better.  I also put the onguard on my baby when he was a little sick and he healed up pretty quick.     I follow this friend on facebook that I get the oils from and she had posted making your own foaming hand soap and I really wanted to do it. So I followed her recipe and I got the castile soap on amazon and its a large bottle it will last a long time because you only use 2 table spoon for a batch.  I think I  made two batches to fill up three of my bottles.  I can't remember now.  It was super easy to make I mixed it up in my glass measuring cup.  Then I poured it into my foaming jars.  

Here is the recipe 
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 tbs castile soap
Then you can add whatever oils you want.   There are so many choices that would be good and smell wonderful.  


I added wild orange because I love that citrus smell and then onguard to keep the colds away hopefully.  The kids love using this soap because it foams up.  So I put one in each bathroom and one in the kitchen.  


They have lasted more than a month,  the one in our main bathroom is almost out and it has been a month and a few days.   The other two are still 3/4 the way full so I think they will last for a few months.  I just swapped the one in the kitchen with the main bathroom one.  I love using it because it has a wonderful smell after you have washed your hands.  I love it.  

I feel like using the onguard will really help the sickness this winter season.  I am excited to have these oils this year and how I am slowly learning how to use them. I really don't want to be sick and have to go to the doctor.  I hate it and so does everyone else.  Not to mention anyone not feeling well.. That is never any fun.  



No comments:

Post a Comment