Monday, February 1, 2016

Is there a real "leak proof" sippy cup out there?

Sippy Sippy which Sippy is better and best?!?!

All a mom wants is a sippy cup that doesn't leak and is easy to clean.  That is it...... How hard can that be?  Well I have tried quite a few trying to find the one that works for us.  Here are just a few and the things I like and don't like about them.


These ones are ok I liked that it didn't have any small pieces inside of it.  Its just the lid and cup part but I found that it got moldy after a bit,  and there is no way of cleaning it out after it has the mold either so you  just have to throw them away or buy a new lid.  Not very cost effective.




                                           

This one is pretty good it has a little plastic piece inside that is the valve part and it comes out so you can wash it.  These have held up pretty good for going through three kids.  I have had to buy the replacement valve part once.  They are easy to use as well.




These cheap ones I have loved.  They are so easy to clean and cheap.  They are supposed to be take and toss but I am too cheap to toss them.  They work fine for a few months and even longer if my kids wouldn't chew on the spout part.  The one bad thing with these is that they leak and sometimes pop open if my baby throws it down.  So awesome for older toddlers, and not so great for babies.



I had seen these and heard about them.  Then one of my friends had one and she showed it to me and told me how much she loved them.  They didn't leak and were super easy to clean.  So I said Hey I'm up for trying anything.  I feel like we have tried them all.   


They have this strainer part on the top that is covered with a silicone top and it suctions to the strainer so that is how they don't spill when you hold them upside down.  I found that to be very cool.   


It screws on so no weird spout thing that you can reach to clean inside.  Its easy to fill up and they hold quite a bit of liquid.   The only bad part I have found with these sippy cups is that when my 1 year old drops it or throws it (terrible habit I know) it will splash out with the force of the blow.   So it technically does "spill" for my baby.  My older kids it doesn't.  It also take some getting used to to learn how to suck out water of the 360 spout.   




I was so sad that these weren't as amazing as I was hoping.  I almost prefer the cheapo take and toss because they are easy to clean and cheap.  I am still searching for the amazing all in one best sippy cup ever I know your out there somewhere.  If you know where it is let me know, I would love to end my search for the best sippy cup.  

2 comments:

  1. I use the Gerber Graduates Fun Grips. They are better than every other one I have tried and don't leak unless the plastic insert falls out of the lid. That doesn't happen very often. It is now made by Nuk I think. Look it up on amazon. They are a better price at Walmart though. My bigger boys use the Nalgene Grip n Gulp water bottles and those barely ever leak. My favorite by far. A little pricey, but I love them. Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of the Nalgene before and bought a few more and those are by far my favorite they never leak.
    Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete