Thursday, February 25, 2016

High school class projects come in handy 15 years later

As a mom of three busy little kids I look for ways to teach and entertain them.   When my daughter stopped taking naps and my son still was we would have "big girl time"   I would get out stuff we could only do when baby brother was asleep.   One of these things were these file folder games I had made back in high school in a child development class.

This is the class that you get to take the plastic baby that crys and acts like a real baby home for the weekend.  I had a blast in this class.  We made all sorts of fun stuff and I remember thinking I am going to save this stuff for one day when I have kids. Here I am 15 years later really using them.   My kids love them.  Some of them are still to hard for them but they will eventually be able to do them all.



I have probably 15 of these folders, and I think a lot of the fun in these is that there is a variety.  I might have to look into making some more.  They are pretty easy and I"m sure pintrest has some wonderful ideas.  Not that I need to add to my project list.  



Some of them are still a little frustrating for the young kids.  This one was hard for my 3 and 4 year old but I bet soon enough they will be bored with it.  




Who would have thought I would have actually saved them all this time to really entertain and teach my children with these awesome games.
Do you have anything you made when you were younger that you saved for your kids that you actually use?   Let me know in the comments below.  I am always looking for new fun ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment