Thursday, February 18, 2016

Favorite Childrens books #1

When I was a kid I loved to read.  I remember being in a class in middle school and I would win prizes for reading so much.  The prize would be a new book, perfect right?   My mom would take us to the library every 3 weeks if I remember right.  That was the due date on our books every three weeks.  I would get a whole load of books and read them all.

I thought I would share a few of my favorites.  These books I found in a box when we moved. I guess my mom gave them to me when they moved recently.  I must have gotten them in elementary school, because they have my name written in them not so neatly.
Clifford was one of my favorites and now my daughter loves these books as well.  She loves animals so anything with animals she will read.  I love being able to read my exact same childhood books to her.




Another one I found in that box was this book, well this one is the nicer one we have gotten recently but I still have the original one.  It has a few layers of tape on the spine.  I remember thinking this book was so silly when I was little and when I read it to my kids now I still think so.  


I hope I can instill in my children the love of reading. I think so much good comes from reading.  Its harder and harder to get the kids to not be playing games on ipads or watch tv. I really discourage that.  I think its important to use our mind and read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment