Monday, February 15, 2016

Garmin vivofit

I used to be a very active person before I had kids.  Its just harder to make time to do the same things.  One thing I have found that helps me stay active as a mom is my Garmin Vivofit.   I had a fitbit to start with and it was good.  It worked ok for a month or so then it had problems charging and it just got annoying after a few months.  It wouldn't charge in this charger thing.  It was really really annoying to have to mess with it every 5-6 days.  I hated to take it off to charge it, and it didn't have the time on the face.


So I searched out some more options and came across the Garmin vivofit.  I was already familiar with  the Garmin brand from my marathon watch,  the forerunner.  I loved it but it was huge you couldn't wear it as a normal watch.  So I knew the vivofit would be great.  It had the time and it has a one year guarantee on the battery life.  I don't have to take it off and charge it and fiddle with the little charger plug thing that never worked with my fitbit.  Hallelujah
It does have a few differences with the app.  It doesn't have the water tracker and I loved having that on the fitbit.  Most people have a fitbit so I can't connect with them and have challenges with people.
I love how it has the time and date and I can see how many steps and so much more.   It has been wonderful and I recommend it highly.  It helps me to be more active because I can look and see how many steps I have taken or not taken and say ok kids lets play tag or lets go on a walk.



One thing that garmin does have that when this one dies I will for sure buy is the band that has a look like a normal watch.  
This is how it hooks now and its ok but I have to wear it upside down or it gets caught on kids and just pops off.  So I want the watch style so it won't pop off randomly.  Besides that I love everthing about it.  It also tracks your sleep and tells you how long you were in deep sleep or light sleep.  I love how it will tell you about what time you were up out of bed.  I have a baby and my toddlers still wake up sometimes so its cool to go back and look and see what time I was up with them and for how long.  I know its probably not exactly right but it gives me a good idea of how my night went.  


Here is the app page for the steps.  You can see that I haven't gotten a lot of steps to day at all. I have been busy working and driving.   Boo.  You can also see how I have only hit my goal of 10,000 steps once in the last like month haha.  I"m lame.  I know.  I really like the tracker, so I can see how active or not active in my case I am.  


Overall I love it and would recommend it way over the fitbit just for the battery part alone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment