Monday, June 13, 2016

The truth about Cancer


I have talked about my health journey lately and how I have tried to be healthier in a few ways.  Well I saw this series "The truth about Cancer"  and I was immediately drawn to it.    I have had cancer, yes a milder form but it still scared me.  When you hear those words "You have cancer"   your life changes.    I wanted to learn more about it, and this series was a great opportunity.  I remember when I went to my first Green smoothie girl class she talked about how her brother in law had been diagnosed with Leukemia and went to mexico and learned how to eat and take care of his body and he was cured.  It took a while it wasn't an overnight process.  This was such a personal experience for her because it was family. This also drew me to this series because I had heard about this clinic/hospital down in Mexico.

I loved so much about this.  I learned a lot as well.  If you haven't seen it I would suggest finding a way to watch it.  It made me more aware of the things going on in the health care world.  I have seen some of it since I work at a hospital but there is always more going on than can be seen.  They talk about how chemo and radiation actually makes you in a worse health condition.  It kills everything and makes you weak in the process.  Where as if you treat it with the more natural ways and the right foods, you fuel the good cells, and deprive the cancer cells, fighting it that way.   There are alternatives to curing cancer and being healthier about it.  I  was so intrigued by this.  There are so many herbs and plants that can help us. They were put here for a reason and we just need to learn and find out what ones help do what.   The host went around the world interviewing different doctors, researchers, homeopath doctors, and a whole variety of people, including doctors. Some of the drs have tried to treat people with cancer in a more natural way and they get in trouble with the FDA and other associations.   They all talked about how there are so many better ways to prevent and treat cancer.

After watching this whole series I felt overwhelmed and thought well I will for sure die of cancer because I am doing so many bad things or eating the wrong things.  I felt discouraged and thought there is no way to avoid getting it living how I am living.  I almost thought there is no point in even trying, might as well enjoy life and eat the stuff I like.
I really didn't feel good about that plan and so  I began to think of the things that I am doing good.  I am drinking my green smoothies daily.  That is good, I am getting better nutrition because of it.  I can start here and do little things to improve my life.   I had learned from the 12 steps to eating whole foods that I can't change all at once and make those changes habit.  I need to take steps and improve little by little.  As long as I don't fall back into the trap of eating unhealthy all the time.  As long as I am slowly taking two steps forward, since we all have that occasional step back.

I think the best part about this series is that I am aware of more things that I shouldn't be doing or should be doing to be healthier.  Now slowly changing to adapt my life is another thing.  It will take some time.  I love that my kids are young enough to still be willing to try new things.

So while I know that I can't change overnight I at least think more about ways to change and be healthier.  I am more aware of the toxins and looking for ways to replace those things with more natural ways.  I am trying to cut sugar way down, that is what feeds cancer and actually helps it grow.  I have always known that I need to eat more veggies and I am learning new fun ways to eat them.   I even have found that I like veggies that I thought were gross before.  Its all about trying it in a new way and being willing to try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment