Monday, June 20, 2016

Minor face lift to our house

Our first house we bought we remodeled and once we were done we both said "lets not do that again"   and we even finished it a week before our first baby was born.     Here we are again 7 years later.... doing it again.  haha.  I guess time heals all wounds.    Or this was just too good of a lot to pass up.  I mostly loved the yard and field that it came with so the house could be fixed now that we know how to do most of it.   We.... meaning Jared and his brothers and dad.


This is a picture of our house when we moved in.   Yes I know green siding..... it must have been the special or something.   I have been working hard to change the stuff I can change.  So the first thing to go were the tall flowers next to the garage.  I put a board down and planted some small hedges.   I then just put down some weed barrier and bark in the other flower beds for the first summer.  It worked and looked much better.




This summer so far I have been hard at work again changing it up.  It was so hard to mow and weed eat around the big rocks around the flower beds so I pulled the rocks out and put bricks in that make it look a whole lot nicer to me.  It makes it super easy to mow as well.  


This picture you can see on the left side the board.  Then those big rocks I took out.  I also used some of the top soil that was in there to fill in some holes in our lawn we had.  It was great. 


I love the look, I think it makes it look so much cleaner and organized. I also planted strawberries there.  A whole bunch so hopefully in a few weeks they will be full of green plants and red strawberries.  


The next front of the house project was to paint the wood around the front door and the door itself.  They had both seen better days and I had taken forever to sand and scrape all the old paint and dirt off that I could.  
I spent nap time today painting.  It took a long long time but it looks a lot better now.  Not perfect but much better.  





Everything looks better with a fresh coat of paint right?  I feel like its so much better now.  The front is almost all done and fixed up as much as we can without giving our house a major face lift.  (hopefully eventually we can replace the green siding with brick) 

I love seeing change and making things look better.  It makes me feel very accomplished.






2 comments:

  1. You know...when we drove by a couple of days ago, I thought to myself "wow their house is looking so nice!. No wonder with all the work you've put into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well thanks that means a lot that someone noticed.

      Delete