Monday, June 27, 2016

Power of positive thinking..... how to have a peaceful mind

The second chapter in this book is so powerful.  I need this information to help me have a peaceful mind.  Some days I just think I will go crazy with my three little kids.  I love them to pieces but if your a parent of any kind you know what I'm talking about then.  Looking forward to just a minute of silence is wonderful.

In this chapter he talks a lot about how to obtain a peaceful mind.  There are a few different ways to achieve and practice this peaceful state.  "The essence of the secret lies in a change of mental attitude"  We have to learn to think and live on different thoughts.  Normal modern life is very negative and sad.  We have to make the switch to positive and work to keep it there.  The more we do it the easier it becomes.  I remember someone saying that when their kids would say something mean about someone they would have them say 3 nice things about that person.   It trains our mind to switch and look for the positive.  There are just as many if not more positive things in life to talk and think about.

He says that everyone should practice this daily by taking 15 minutes a day.  Sometimes 15 minutes is hard to come by for me.  I am going to practice this though.  You turn your mind off, practice the art of silence.  Dont' let your mind think, keep it as empty as you can.  Think relaxing words like Tranquility he says is one of the more beautiful and melodic words in the English language.  Think of something peaceful to you.  I love nature so I think of sitting up in the mountains next to a stream or river.  Just sitting there listening to the sound of rushing water run over the rocks.  It brings peace to my mind and lets me release and relax.

I refer a lot back to my hypnobabies course I did.  I learned so much from it.  I still use those techniques quite frequently.  There is a practice that you say release and you release all of the tension in your muscles and I find that it works as well now to help release that tension and all of the worries and problems I am trying to not worry about.  You can find your own words or images that works for you.   He says taking this 15 minutes every 24 hours will help you teach yourself to be able to have a peaceful mind.  You will learn how to bring your mind back to that peaceful state when you get nervous or worried.   I am a worrier and so this will be very helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment