Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cloth Diaper review #5 Thirsties Natural AIO

This diaper is quite amazing.  This is the new Thirsties Natural AIO.   I have  been cloth diapering for just over 2 years and have tried  A LOT of diapering systems.   I decided that I didn't really like AIO because they take forever to dry and they are never absorbent enough for my heavy wetters.

I have been using thirsties covers for quite some time now and love them.  So when they came out with their natural AIO I thought ok I have to give them a try.  I love thirsties hemp/cotton inserts and that is what is the inside layers of this diaper. That was a major selling point to me.  

Here is the outside picture.  They have super cute designs and I love love love their velcro.  Its amazing.  Although my 18 m old won't keep them on if he doesn't have shorts on over them.  



They have two flaps in them that are the hemp/cotton amazing inserts. They are sewn into the front of the diaper.  They have an opening in the back side of these not sure why.  Bumgenious freetimes had this too and it just collected lint and it was harder to get poop out.  So I sewed mine shut.  Easy fix.  I have no idea the purpose of leaving it open is.  


I will sometimes fold one of the flaps up to double it for my boys but even just normal they absorb a ton.  Even with all of the absorption power they are sooo trim, I have had multiple people ask if my son has potty trained because they can't tell if he is in underwear or a diaper.   That is how trim and fitting they are. 



The only downside to this diaper, and it comes with any natural fiber diaper I believe is the clean up.   It seems to stick to it more than other fibers.   It also is a little tricky to spray off the two layers of the inserts and then the elastic casing.  I have been using prefolds and covers though.  They always get clean, and I just prefer to use a liner when I think I can predict the poop.  This is the only downside to the diaper, everything else I LOVE.


I love the snaps on these thirsties aio.   I also love the fit on my 18 m old and my three year old. They fit both skinny legs great.  I have never had a leak problem.  They are great, and seem to be my new favorite.  As you can see I have added quite a few to my rotation.  One of the things I love about cloth diapers is that I can resell my diapers that don't work and then buy new amazing ones that do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment