Monday, June 6, 2016

The lesson learned from a bad hair cut....

How many of you cut your hair after you have a baby?



This is when i was 38 weeks pregnant with my third and its right below my shoulder blades or a little longer.

 I do without fail each time I have.  First baby it was about 6-7 months and I chopped it.  Second baby it was 3-4 months and third baby 3-4 months again.  I let it grow out long in between babies but it must be the loosing half of my hair postpartum that makes me want short hair.

Not the best picture but I did not want any pictures taken with my hair this short it was terrible I couldn't do anything with it except this.  I didn't go anywhere for a while haha.    The only pictures that I have of these few months are of my baby in a carrier.  Those are the only pictures that were taken at all.....



This last time I got it cut back to my normal a line cut which I love because my hair just lays pretty well in that style.  Well it just wasn't short enough for the upcoming summer so I wanted to go a little bit shorter.  BOY OH BOY did she go shorter it was terrible.   I showed up to my friends to pick up my kids after getting it cut and she just looked at me like "What happened?!?"   I just wanted to cry.   I mean yes its just hair but when you have nothing left its worth crying over.   So I had to come up with a new way to wear my hair because it was so bad.

I also discovered with my hair being so short that it didn't lay as nice as it once did.  I had some skin cancer removed from my scalp just a few weeks before and they had to do a little repair on my scalp so now my hair lays funny especially when its super short.  Not exactly how I wanted to find that out.  Its like I constantly have an alfalfa spot on the top back part of my head.  Not cool.....

Anyways  this post is to remind myself that no matter how many good times I remember having a short cute a line hair cut.  DON'T DO IT!   You must keep it at least in a longer A line.  It just doesn't work anymore.

You know how it goes when you have short hair you want long hair and when you have long hair you want short hair.  Its a vicious cycle most women have to go through and deal with.  We have hair envy a lot.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha ha. But so true. Tell me that is not what you were thinking?!?

      Delete