Thursday, April 14, 2016

Why I drink lemon water

We had a girls day with my sisters and mom recently and my sister brought her lemon water.  She has lost a lot of weight with portion control and drinking lemon water.   This got us talking about the benefits of lemon water.  My mom had said that someone she knows I don't remember who it was.   Was diagnosed with cancer of some sort and their dr said if they drank the juice of 1 lemon a day it would heal it. I am thinking it was liver cancer.  That person did drink the lemon juice and was healed.  I was amazed.
I had known that lemon was good for fighting off skin cancer. I had learned this after I had my skin cancer removed.  I try to throw a 1/4 of a whole lemon, skin and all in my smoothies everyday.

There are also a lot of other benefits of drinking lemon water daily.

  • It helps with your joints, if you suffer from arthritis it can help alleviate that pain.
  • It will aid with better digestion the acid in lemon water interacts with the enzymes in our body and stimulates the secretion of gastric juices that help digest your food better.
  • It helps your liver produce more enzymes to aid in the digestion process
  • It helps your liver release the toxins that it filters out of your body.
  • It helps fight off respiratory infections.  I remember when I was on my mission in Chile people would recommend drinking warm lemon water with a little bit of honey.  It always worked and took the pain away from a sore throat.  
  • It helps make your bowel movements regular.
  • It boosts your metabolism
  • It reduces depression and anxiety because it contains potassium.  
  • It helps cleanse your blood and regulate your blood pressure
  • It helps your body keep a higher PH lever which in turn helps you fight off infections and diseases.
  • It helps your skin,  Lemons contain vitamin C.  It can aid with wrinkles and acne
  • It can help relieve heart burn.  I have never really had this so I can't attest to this one.  
  • It helps with kidney stones it will dissolve them.  I wish I had known this when I had gallstones because it helps with those and other calcium deposits as well. 
  • It will help you lose weight believe it or not.  It can suppress your hunger cravings.  This is what I  need it for.  
  • It can help with fighting off gingivitis.  It is recommended that you drink it diluted or that you rinse your mouth after because it can ruin the enamel on your teeth.  
  • It helps with cancer--- here is why   cancer cannot thrive in a alkaline rich place and lemons are known to boost the ph level.  
  • Lemon juice helps replace the body salt especially after a work out.  
  • It helps boost energy and mood levels.  Even the scent of lemon has been found to reduce stress levels.  

When I researched a little bit more I am amazed at all of the things that lemon water can help you with.  I already try to drink 80+ oz of water a day.  I have started to add in some freshly squeezed lemon juice.  At first it was hard to drink because it was so sour.  I then started to dilute it more and then it wasn't bad at all.  I dilute the juice from 1 whole lemon into 2  - 32 oz nalgene water bottles and I drink those everyday.   I have just started this recently so I can't say too much about it because I haven't seen any of the benefits of it yet.  I will continue to drink it and when I see those benefits I will tell you guys about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment