Thursday, April 21, 2016

Delicious pumpkin muffins

These pumpkin muffins are sooo delicious   My sister first gave me the recipe and I loved them.    I feel like they are a better alternative to other muffins.  My kids really like them especially when I make the baby muffin size.  My daughter will munch on them all day long, and that tells me something because she is a super picky eater. 

Here is the first part of the recipe  then you mix  I substitute 3/4 cup apple sauce in for some vegetable oil.  Its a little healthier.  



Then you add all of the dry ingredients.   I substitute 2 cups of whole wheat flour.


Then here is the final mixed product.


I spray the muffin tins really well so they are easy to get out.  It makes about 50 muffins.  I have made it into bread as well.  It just takes longer to cook.  I like to make muffins it helps me control the portions I am getting.  They are so good I eat a lot of them.  





  
Then you bake and enjoy, but watch out you don't eat all 50 in one day!

Here is the recipe:

4 1/2 c sugar 
1 1/2 c veg oil
6 eggs
1 cup water
1 large can pumpkin

5 1/2 c flour
2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ginger
3 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 tsp salt

You can do 3/4 cup apple sauce and 3/4 cup veg oil and then reduce the sugar by 1 cup.  Then you can replace as many cups of white flour with whole wheat flour to make them a little bit healthier.  Bake them at 350 for 15 min or until they are crusty brown on top.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment