Monday, April 4, 2016

Cloth diaper review #3 Nickis Bamboo AIO

Nicki's diapers Bamboo All in One

This diaper has been wonderful for us.  After I decided that pocket diapers just weren't for us.  I hated stuffing them.  So I found these and tried them.  They had a bunch of cute prints and they were reasonably priced.  



They are bamboo so when you first get them they are so soft you just have to rub your face on them.  Of course they are brand new clean so you feel ok doing that.  They have a snap in soaker so they really aren't an All in one because you have a part that comes out. 
They absorb quite a bit and they feel like they would be super soft for baby.  


After using them for a few weeks they began to get a little bit stiff because I don't dry my diapers.  They hang dry so they get that stiff feeling.  I started to throw them in the dryer after they were dry for 2-3 minutes to soften them up.   They wash off pretty easily but its hard to get in the  leg folds.  I also found that they stain pretty easily if I didn't rinse it off pretty quickly after being dirty.  Nothing that a little bleach and sun won't fix though. 



The thing with these is that they didn't have encased elastic legs so they were "softer" on their thighs.   I didn't like to have to roll the bamboo in and make sure they were all tucked in so it wouldn't leak.  Call me lazy, I call it daddy proofing it.   They are easy one step to put on.  I sewed the elastic or encased it so we didn't have to roll.  It made them  even better.  It did take me a few tries to get it right my first two didn't turn out very well.  The bamboo on some parts shows so they leak.  They were my worst condition ones though so they are the specific poop diapers.  When I know they are going to poop I make sure to use these experiment diapers on them.  


They began to fit my son about 3-4 months old they were a little bulky for him then. but as you have read before this is the ammonia stinky baby.  So I quickly found out that these don't work for him.  I switched to flats and prefolds.  I did use them on my 2 year old still.  He began to outgrow them a few month before he turned 3.  He was roughly 30 lbs  they just didn't fit right and were not absorbent enough for him when he was that old.   


This picture is of my two boys matching one of my favorite prints in this brand and style of diaper.  Aren't they so cute?!? 


 I have one cubby in my cloth diapers stash full of these diapers because even though neither of my cloth babies wear these right now I love them too much to sell them.  I have high hopes that they will work on my next baby.  


No comments:

Post a Comment