Monday, January 4, 2016

Family Favorite nutrient packed smoothie

 Ummm...... What is in that?

I tell you what this is the only way I can get Lexi to eat her veggies and fruits.  This smoothie is the only way she is actually going to grow.  It has a lot of great things in it.  


This is enough for two people, or 2 quarts ( I could drink all 2 quarts its so good)

3 cups coconut water
2 carrots washed
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup dates pitted (winco)
1/2 of a beet
2 Tbs flax seed oil
1 Tbs chia seeds
2 Tbs milk kefir
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 a lemon with skin
24 whole strawberries

Blend on high for 30-60 seconds and there you have a wonderful tasting smoothie with a lot of nutrients in it.   The kids and even Jared loves it.  It has a very different taste.  When I first made this recipe I didn't have the strawberries and I tried mangos and it did not taste quite as good.  Something about the strawberries mixed with everything else just tastes divine.  Don't believe me try it or come to my house and try it.  



It turns this bright hot pink color and its very appealing.  



You can leave out the lemon, chia seeds, kefir and flax seed oil if you want but all of the others are essential to make it taste divine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment