Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cokeville Miracle

 Some shows are just shows and some really make an impact on our lives and this was one of them for me.


This movie was scary, full of anxiety, sad, happy, crazy, unbelievable and amazing.  We went to Aunt Darces house and watched this with her.  I missed a good chunk of the movie where the guy is holding them hostage until after the bomb goes off.   I was getting the kids some drinks and dinner.   Its probably good though because I am a worrier and I already worry about crazy things happening to my children.  Some of them are probably silly and unreasonable but I am just a worrier.  Part of that just comes with being a mom though. 


There were a few things that really hit me or that impressed me with  it.  I loved that even though something bad happened and the kids were hostage and there was a chance of them dying.   They still believed they would be ok.  Children are so pure.   They prayed and believed it would all work out.  They had so much faith.  We all have bad things happen to us, some worse than others.  It made me really think about this and how we can have a positive attitude and have faith that things will work out.  They all got out safe and none of the kids died.   Multiple kids had said that they had seen angles there to help them.  Some of the angels were holding the kids hands, some were just standing by them, some told the kids to get closer to the window.    Even if bad things happen there can be good things happening or helping in those times.  It gave me a little bit more faith to not worry so much about crazy things happening to my children because things happen and if something did happen there would still be something positive in it.  There are growing experiences in those hard and trying times.   God is always there for us and he knows us so well.  

Another part of this movie that touched me was the dad of the kids was struggling with believing and his testimony.  Even after he investigated, saw and heard all of the testimonies of the kids he still doubted.  He had all of the evidence or experiences right there in front of him.  Even his own kids experiences he didn't know if he believed.   It was laid out in front of him and he wouldn't see it.  I wondered if I sometimes am like this.  Blinding myself from seeing things, seeing the modern day miracles of God in my life.   I don't want that to be the case so this opened my eyes a little bit. I want to be open and be willing to see the good in life even in the hard times.  

I really liked this movie and would recommend it to everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment