Thursday, January 21, 2016

Things I did before I had kids

Jared and I will sometimes talk about what we did before we had kids and if we had known what we know now what we would have done different.  I started to think about all of the things I used to do that I would never be able to do now.

 Like go grocery shopping just to get out of the house,  this was such a luxury I know now.

Sit down and read a book.  I love to read and I actually used to read for pleasure.  I started a book last summer and I think I am on page 50 and I have opened the book maybe 2 times.

I have a big sweet tooth so I could eat candy openly.  I didn't have to hide when I was eating it.

I was able to make a bathroom trip ALONE!  Now I am accompanied by 3 kids, even when I shut the door.

I have never been much of a TV watcher but I enjoyed a few series.  I even wasted one summer watching a whole 8 seasons of Friends and Lost.  Now we look back at that and say WHY?  we should have been out hiking or doing stuff you couldn't do as easily with kids.  If only......

Easy trips to the Temple.  I used to go on my way home from work all the time.

Taking a Sunday nap.  Those were the days.....

I could get ready and leave the house in 2 minutes flat..... now it takes about 20 min on a good day

Then as I think about all of these things, I think a lot of the things I enjoy doing now I wouldn't do if I didn't have kids.  Like making fun crafts or things for them.   Shopping at kids consignment sales.  Pintresting ways to decorate their rooms, or the backyard for them.   So really I guess I wouldn't change anything.  I love the way it is, and I love being a busy Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment