Monday, January 25, 2016

A big Thank you to my husband

I don't know if I have told my husband enough how grateful I am that I can stay home with the kids.  I love being a stay at home mom.  (I do work PRN/part time but its just early mornings and some nap times.)  I"ll write more about that later.
These are just a few of the things that have made me realize how lucky I am.

  • I get to play with the kids, whether its animals with Lexi, shoot the bad guys with Max, or chase Sawyer around and tickle him.
  • Cuddle with them when they are tired or when they get hurt.
  • See them go to school and come home and tell me what happened
  • Watch the rain and sometimes even play in the rain with them. 
  • Clean. Like it or not. I like the end results of the cleaning. 
  • Wash my clothes the way they need to be washed.
  • Do my fun crafts
  • Have play dates with my sisters and their kids
  • Go food shopping if I dare :)
  • Watch kids experience new things and how they react to it
  • Make my garden plans for summer, and then work in the garden.
  • Have fun summer days out in the sun with the kids
  • I get to teach my kids how to work and the results of doing our chores
  • Get to stay in my pj's all day if I want, and most days I do :)
  • Don't have to drive in the snow
  • They get to help me make dinner and have it ready for when Daddy comes home.  This is them helping me tonight make pizza roll ups..... Yes they washed hands.
  • To hear the kids get so excited when they hear the garage door open "Daddys home!"
  • I get to pick and follow our own schedule.
  • I get to see the kids creativity bloom.   Lexi is always coming up with something new for her animals.  Houses or things they are going on a trip to see.  
  • I love hearing them get along and be crazy silly together.  They will sometimes play for hours together before I have to intervene.  
Just today I wanted to do my crafts for my kitchen decorations and front hallway.  So there was painting involved... messy with kids.   Luckily my 1 year old took an early nap.  I got out some old boxes that were just getting recycled and had Lexi and Max paint those boxes.  They sat there and painted 3 big boxes for probably an hour or so.  I was able to get all of my painting done as well.  They loved being involved and "helping" mommy craft.  







I am so grateful that my husband goes to work everyday so that I can do and see all of these wonderful things my kids do.
Thank you so much Jared.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment