Thursday, January 14, 2016

Strollers....strollers and more strollers

For those of you that know me know that I love to buy and sell stuff.  Strollers are one of those things.  I love to buy and try things out and if I don't like it I sell it and make my $ back, usually.  I have done this with a lot of baby stuff like cloth diapers, baby toys, and strollers.


This was the first stroller I bought before my daughter was born a baby trend jogger with the car seat.  I bought it off ksl so cheap to begin with and it worked great.  I loved it because I could go jogging with her.   It was so easy to maneuver because it had the swivel front wheel.  You could also lock it when jogging.   The bad thing about this stroller is that its big and bulky.  I had small car at the time so I had to take the wheels off it to fit it in my car.  Boo


Then you need an smaller stroller like a cheap umbrella stroller for quick trips in the store or whatever. 


Then I had a second kid and they are only 19 months apart so I needed a double stroller. I got a baby trend double jogger and I liked it but it was HUGE.  I could only use it at my house because it wouldn't fit in my car.  So I didn't like it that much. 




 So I got a double umbrella stroller for a trip we were going on.  It was pretty compact and I liked it because it reclined pretty well too.  It was still pretty wide though.  




We had a red wagon too. Every child has a fond memory of a red wagon right? big and bulky but still fun.  This thing never left our house, besides on those walks around the neighborhood. 


Baby trend sit and stand.   This one was so long and hard to turn.  I like it for when I had my baby in the baby car seat still because it would fit on either seat.  I liked the versatility of this stroller.  It can be two buckle seats,  one buckle seat and one open seat, or a baby car seat and a seat or baby car seat or a standing seat.   That part was nice but it was really hard to push when you had two kids in there.  Not a fan.  


I then thought ok I am going to start to run again because I love running.  So I saved up and sold all of my other strollers besides my cheap umbrella stroller and bought a Phil and teds double stroller. It was LOVE.  It was the size of a single jogger but it was double.  It was awesome.   I used this a lot.  Then I had a third child and realized I am never going to jog with two kids in a stroller.  I tried it and we didn't make it very far before they wanted out and there was the end of my run.   I decided that it wasn't worth keeping this stroller for the $ I paid if I wasn't going to use it to run.  I would rather sell it and have a cheaper stroller for less money.   I had a hard time selling this one because I loved it so much but I had to remind myself that it wasn't realistic to keep it.  

  

I even tried to double stroller with my single cheap umbrella haha the kids didn't like that too much. 


My husband and I like to ride bikes so we had a bike trailer that also was a stroller.  It was just large.  I like it but it just stays in the garage and we wheel it around here to the parks. It never goes in the car because its too big.  I love that its both a stroller and a bike trailer though.  It seems pretty comfortable because the kids always fall asleep in it.  




Yes there are more :)  




Remember this is over a time period of about 5 years. 



Then I tried out the city mini and it was a little bit nicer than your regular umbrella stroller but still very compact and super easy to fold down.  You can collapse it with one hand and that is important when you have three small children.  So that was a major perk to this.  I got this off ksl as well and it came with the baby car seat attachment and a scooter that hooked on the back so an older kid could ride.   I thought this was an awesome idea for my other two kids but it turns out its really hard to push when there is a kid there.  Great idea but it didn't work for me.  


My newest stroller purchase is the bob revolution stroller I have always really wanted one an just never wanted to pay the $ for it.  I found one brand new at Target for half price.  I couldn't resist.  I have seen them around and I love how its a deep seat and I had seen it used like a double stroller where another kid would sit on the feet part.  Probably not recommended but great for a little bit when your toddler needs somewhere to sit.  I love how easy it is to maneuver. It has a big basket on bottom.  I love how far the sun shade comes down.  




I know....... I"m crazy right?!?  

Its a good thing I am good at selling stuff.  I think I will stick with this bob stroller and my bike trailer.  I use my baby carrier a lot now anyways so I don't need a stroller a lot.  I will always have a stroller around though because you never know when a toddler wants a break.   

No comments:

Post a Comment