Monday, November 21, 2016

Why my kids are going to play night games....

We went on a walk recently for our "date night" and saw some kids playing night games.  Emotions rushed over me of my childhood.  I told Jared the last time I played night games I was 20 and I had broken my arm and gotten hit in the nose with a pitch fork.  Not the best memories that night but all of the previous ones were fun filled.  We live in a semi country place and we have some fields around us and I love it.  I want my kids to grow up getting dirty and running around hiding in trees and making huts in the "woods"  I want my kids to be carefree as long as they can be.  Kids should be able to be kids and enjoy just being kids and having fun.

  I realized just watching these little kids play night games that I need to let go of so much anxiety.  I know all of the terrible things that could happen and I seem to worry that will happen. This is one of the reasons I love reading the power of positive thinking so much, its really helping me to stop worrying so much.  I need to just have faith that things will work out.  I think its just natural once you have children you have that worry about your children.  That is mainly what I worry about.  I have very real dreams that they are in trouble, I should say nightmares.   They are so real and then I can't go back to sleep because the dream just continues.  I have to get out of bed and go see them to make sure they haven't drowned or been abducted.   Its terrifying.
As I learn and read more about the church and the ensign talks I realize I need to let this go.  This is not how one should live.... in fear.    I know the world is getting worse and its not going to get any better.   I am scared for my children but I need to look for the good. There are way more good people out in the world then there are bad I believe.  Especially that live close to me.  I need to not read the news that just upsets me even more.  I need to be prayerful and I will be warned if things are to happen.  I have felt such peace about this but its hard to stop my mind.


One of the chapters in Power of positive thinking talks a lot about this and letting that worry go.  It talks about thinking positive and not thinking about the things that can go wrong.  When we think about those things then it gets us worked up and we can't function right.  We need to stay positive and trust in God.  That doesn't mean bad things wont ever happen but we will be able to deal with them better if we have that faith in God and his plan.  Are we willing to accept that plan?  Live life to its fullest and things will work out as long as we are trying our best and doing what is right.
I think as long as I am doing what is right, God will watch out for me.  He loves me and wants me to be happy. I need to have that trust in him and do my best to raise smart kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment