Thursday, November 10, 2016

1 year of blogging

I started this blog 1 year ago today and I have loved it.  I have learned a lot from trying new things or just writing my thoughts down.  I have learned a lot about myself too in this journey so far.
Some of the new things I learned I still use and some have faded away and are replaced with new things.  We are always changing and trying to improve.


For example I kind of fell off the green smoothie habit when I tried the 3 day detox.... I am gagging here just thinking about it.  I made it until lunch and I couldn't gag down another drink.  It was so gross to me.  So I guess my mind related that back to my smoothies.  So for a few months I struggled to make them daily.   I had to start back with more fruits than veggies and absolutely no protein powder stuff.  I actually can't have that powder in it at all anymore.  I gag every time I think or smell it.  I have found other ways to adjust my smoothies.   I am back to having a smoothie almost every
day or every other day.  They are getting more and more veggies and less fruits.  Its all about steps and getting back to where we want to be.

I have tried more things because of my blog.  I am a pretty picky eater and this has helped me go out of my comfort zone.  Pintrest also helps a lot with that, what would I do without pintrest?!?  I am better at looking for new things to try and being willing to make those changes.

I have loved reading the power of positive thinking.  This book is so helpful and I have loved adapting and learning different ways to try to be more positive in my life.   A lot of this is helping my spiritual self.  I love it.  I need to make more time for this area in my life. Every time I read this book I feel great and positive.  This book really inspires me to be a better person.

I also just love thinking things through and writing it down.  I have always been a journal writer and this has been a part of that for me. I love reading back through my old journals and I also enjoy scrolling back and looking at the posts I have made.

I love getting feedback and comments too.  Its fun to hear what you have tried and what works for you.  Its fun to meet like minded moms and people, that I wouldn't otherwise meet.
I really can't  believe its been a year.  Time is going by so fast. I have enjoyed it all and hope to continue on.

I have posted every Monday and Thursday for the whole year and I think this next year I might have to slow it down to once a week because I am really trying to spend more quality time with my kids and husband.  I am putting my phone in "time out"  so I am not so easily distracted.  It has already helped tremendously to not be so caught up in the facebook/social media world.    I realized I don't need to be so informed about everything.  Its more important to spend time with my kids that are growing up too fast.  I know I will miss this stage of their lives, so I don't want to let it fly by me.
So I want to switch some things up this coming year.  I might do some vlogs because I love watching them and think they are so fun.  Well have to see what next year brings but it will be  a little different.

One year down and hopefully a lot more to come,  and look how much this kid has grown!!!

  




(http://www.thememorist.com/2013/03/28/happy-blogiversary) for the cupcake picture

No comments:

Post a Comment