Monday, August 15, 2016

My 2 cents on baby blankets....


So like everything else baby I have been around the block and tried a few things. haha  That is just my style. So here is my 2 cents about baby blankets and the difference with them. I very first started with the flannel blankets my mom and sisters made.  I love them for newborn because I can swaddle them up and they are great.  Then when they get older I didn't really use the flannel ones anymore.  They just weren't soft to cuddle with.  I went to the microfleece type blankets and my older two have those.  Then with my third I used flannel for newborn and then went to the  Aden and Anias and they were soft cotton. I also had carters cotton blankets.  They have such cute patterns.  I have noticed that that these blankets have taken over all moms.  Almost every mom I see with babies have these blankets now. They are either cotton or bamboo it seems like they are all the thin cute prints.





  I loved them to snuggle with my baby.  I also used it for my nursing cover and burp rag when we were cuddling.  So then I started to look for more and I found some Imagine ones.  This is a cloth diaper brand sold on Nickis diapers.  I ordered one of those that was bamboo and it has the cutest little farm animals and and sucker for farm animals.
This turned out to be the softest blanket ever!!!  I want to cuddle with it, and its adorable.




I then discovered Tula blankets and wow are they expensive you can find them somewhat for a good deal if you get white and dye it yourself which I have been doing.  They are thicker and I feel like they might hold up longer since they are thicker.  Even my older kids have loved these.  My son claimed his and calls it his super soft blanket.  These are two of the tula ones I got white and dyed.  Love the colors they turned out.



This is when I sold all of my A&A to fund my cuski and Tula blanket love.

Cuski is a cheaper version of Tula but I think they are even softer than Imagine.  I love how soft they are and they are all roughly the same size, the tula might be a little big bigger.  If I were to go with price wise I would go with cuski because they run about $15, half price of tula and they are thicker than the imagine ones, and the softest yet.   You can also get cuski on seconds  where they have some damage but the seconds I have recieved haven't had any issues really maybe a tiny pulled thread.  You can tell its seconds they will cut the corner of the tag.  When you get it for seconds the price is reduced quite a bit.



These are the two my son is using right now.  He usually always has two, one to cuddle up to his face and one to cover him a little bit. I really try to avoid white for kids in anything but some things are worth it.  Like farm print and penguins.... aren't they adorable?


They are both soft and all of my kids love them.  Blankets are a big thing to my kids they all have a "mi"  they call them.  They take them everywhere and they are very attached.  

Well there is my 2 cents on the baby blankets.   

No comments:

Post a Comment