Thursday, August 18, 2016

More yard improvements

When we bought this house we knew what was in store for us and I was somewhat excited to improve it and make it the way I wanted.  I saw some great potential.  So here we are in the middle of our summer projects and we are almost done.
We have our ac unit out back right by our deck and the kids kept putting gravel in it and then the dog was chewing on the lines.  I did my research on pintrest of course.  Found some good ways to cover it as well as you can and make it still look good.  As always it doesn't look perfect like the pintrest post, but it does the job and looks ok.   We bought the white plastic lattis and made a box looking thing around it.  We can remove it if we need to service or work on the unit but its looks nice and is covered.  Its not perfect that is for sure, we had to pull one side out farther since the cords were farther out on the side.














We had had a dead spot right off our deck where we would always walk I always forget to take before pictures but It drove me crazy because the kids would play and throw the dirt all the time.  So one day on our weekly trips to home depot I walked past the place outside where they have left over sod from their jobs I'm sure and I thought how easy it would be to get a few and throw them down there. It would look so much better and we wouldn't have to wait for the seed to grow in and worry about the dog digging it up.   So I grabbed a few and it took nicely and the dog didn't touch it.  I love how it looks, once again not perfect because I was a little bit short on pieces, but it will grow in in a few weeks.



I love flower beds at other peoples houses when they are well manicured and taken care of.  So not at my house, haha... I don't like weeding them and taking the time to plant flowers every year.  I like to use my time for different things.  When we moved into this house they had quite a few, all run down of course, so slowly I have been redoing/ or tearing them out.    The ones in the front I just removed the rocks and did a new brick outline  I have a previous post about that project.   I have been working on the back yard for a while now.   I took out a bunch over on the side of the house and was going to put raspberries there but I knew that the dog would dig them up because that is just what dogs do to fresh dirt.   So I decided to pull out the curbing and grab some sod at home depot again, and it looks wonderful again..... I love it.  I love to see how it changes and it just takes a little bit and sometimes a lot of work.


              Before                          and                              After




This is some borders I did in the back to make it look a little bit more finished.  I like how it looks.  There were already rocks under the deck and so st took them farther out and went around the lilac bush and followed the deck outline.   I still have some work to do with the grass some parts are still struggling.  I love love love working on the yard, and seeing the changes and making it what I want. There is something about hard work that is so satisfying and I love that feeling. We have done a lot this summer, more than I thought we would accomplish.   I have a few more things to change in the back yard for this year.     Next summer will be the orchard/field upgrades.  


No comments:

Post a Comment