Monday, July 11, 2016

More of my kitchen projects


If you remember these are the "grandma decorations" in my kitchen.  I took the left over fabric from these hoops and I sewed them onto gray kitchen towels.
I really needed new towels in my kitchen as we were still using Jareds grandparents from our previous house.  They had worked and been great for 7 years but it was time for some new ones.    They were getting thread bear and not absorbing much anymore with just little threads.

I picked out the brighter ones that would stand out more on the gray towels.  The navy ones just mostly looked bad.




I cut them to fit the strip  that you can see on the towel that is less plush.  I don't know how to describe it. haha.   You will see in the other pictures.



  I used my awesome cutting board that is an essential to my sewing craft projects.  It makes it so easy to cut straight and even.  

 

I then ironed the fabric and pinned it on the spot I wanted it and sewed away.  They turned out pretty good.  Much better than my previous kitchen towel dying project.  I am excited to put them on my stove and use them to clean up the kitchen with.   I still find it funny what I get excited about being a mom.  It makes me chuckle.  That is my life and its awesome.  





No comments:

Post a Comment