Monday, July 25, 2016

How did the Amber teething necklace work for us?

I started using an amber teething necklace with my 3rd child when he was maybe 5 months old.  He was drooling a lot so I decided to try one and see if it helped.  I tried a raw and a polished amber so I didn't see too big of a difference.  I'm sure raw is better because it always is.  He did drool a lot less.  I don't honestly know if it helped reduce his pain.  Its hard to judge when its not me feeling the pain and I feel like he was a pretty good teether.  I had taken it off lately for his bath and forgot to put it back on.  He got all four molars at the same time and yes he was clingy but he was still happy without the necklace.
I think that it helps his drooling and possibly the pain but I always worried about it getting caught on something and him choking.  I didn't let him sleep with it on his neck for a long time.  I would put it on his ankle and cover it with a sock.  I am a worry wart parent I guess.





I would always get questions about it as well because my boy was wearing a necklace.  It brought up some great conversations, and weird looks.

I had bought the magnetic kind but then he would just pull it off himself and it eventually broke.
So I don't know exactly what to rate it at for me.  I think I have been blessed with an easy teether this time.  I will try it again on my next baby and see how it goes for them, then I can make a different judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment