Monday, May 30, 2016

Finally a project to cross off the list.....

I have been wanting to do this craft project for a while and finally got all the pieces to do it.  I had originally bought the canvas frames to do something different in my babies room but it didn't work out.  So they worked perfectly with this project. 

I got the cardboard letters from Joanns, the E was the hardest to get. I had gone into joanns 3 times and they never had an E.   Who knew it was such a popular letter.  That is what held up this project so long.  I also had to find pages in the books that I loved.  It was harder than I thought to find pages that didn't have any words on it and that were big enough to fill the space on the canvas.  I also made a lot of trips to the DI to accumulate the ones I wanted.  



I wanted it to be bright and bold.  So I went with the primary colors and green.  Since its a basic color as well.  I just noticed that I have a green smoothie there on the table with me while I paint haha.  


This is just a super cute picture I found of my kids reading together at a book store we went into.  They love reading and I am so glad that they do.  I would love to have more time to read.  I have a list and stack of books that will one day get read.  


This is the final result.  I changed the second picture to Clifford because I loved Clifford as a kid and now Lexi has really gotten into them and loves them as well.  So I figured that one deserved to be on the wall.    I really like how they turned out.  They are kinda tricky to keep straight and every time the door gets slammed or the wall gets bumped we have to straighten them up.  
I am really pleased with the final project.  


No comments:

Post a Comment