Monday, May 23, 2016

How tumeric helped my sprained ankle.

I was just living the busy life of Mom and we were walking my daughter down to her Kindergarten meet your teacher appointment.  Its literally three houses down and half way there I roll my ankle.  I was holding Lexis hand and she quickly got up and was like "Mom what are you doing on the ground?"  I was saying the same thing but then my ankle told me.  I had sprained it good. I proceeded to limp to her school and go through the tour.   It was an excruciating 20 min.  I texted my sister that was watching my two other kids and said you might have to come pick us up.   Then I thought No I can walk home its only three houses.   When we got home my ankle was already starting to swell pretty good.   I began to ice it and elevate it.   



The next day was even worse and it was really swollen and in pain.  I borrowed some crutches from my sister in law because I couldn't put any pressure on it.  
I needed to heal this and fast because you can't take care of three kids very well on crutches.  So I read up on some things to help with a sprained ankle and I read that Tumeric mixed with lime juice will help with the inflammation.  I had bought tumeric for a recipe I hadn't made yet.   I thought well it can't hurt at this point, it was pretty painful.  So I mixed it up and it was pasty, I put it on the most swollen parts and then wrapped it in suran wrap, then I put an ace bandage over it.  I left it like that for probably 8 hours I want to say.  I washed it off before bed and my foot was yellow now, really yellow  It looked like skin does when they put iodine on.  


I guess that was good because it made it harder to see the bruising.  The next day I felt like it had decreased a lot in swelling and it felt a lot better. I still didn't dare walk on it because I had tried a little bit the second day and it got a lot worse.  I figured I would let it rest for another day.  
I think the tumeric really helped the swelling.  I was amazed and started to do a little bit more research on it.  It is quite the helpful herb.  It helps with inflammation like I tried out.   You can also put it in smoothies or sprinkle it on your salad or anything.  
It can be used to help depression, stomach ulcers, irritable bowl syndrome, gum disease, prostate cancer, ringworm.... the list goes on and on.   I am amazed at how much simple herbs can do to help us.  I love learning new things and then trying them out and seeing a direct result.  I really have enjoyed learning so much lately about natural things that the earth has for us that can help in our health.  










2 comments:

  1. This post has been really helpful. I seem to stumble and sprained a lot in my life. Truly, anything with kids involved leads to a disaster. I'll be able to use this if I sprain my ankle again, and hopefully it will help me avoid the bother of making an appointment at the doctor's office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes try it out it helped me a ton,. It also helps with cancer I hear. I need to research it more. Thanks

      Delete