Thursday, May 26, 2016

300 green smoothies

I started drinking green smoothies everyday 300 days ago!!!  Can you believe it?  I remember I started the day we sold our old house.  I had gotten the blendtec on the costco deal.   I had done green smoothies before with my other blender but it just didn't compare to the blendtec.   It blends it up so fine that you would never know the stuff I can sneak in here.    

I just have taken random pictures of the different types of smoothies.  What I love about these green smoothies is that you can throw whatever you want in and it usually taste pretty good.   I have had a few that were so gross I had to just dump.  Like one I made recently had beet tops in it and it was spicey.   I couldn't drink it because it was too "hot"   




Carrots are a staple in my smoothies.  



Sometimes if its this green the kids don't want to drink it.  So I add some blueberries and it changes the color.  




Another staple is my kefir,  that is what I use as my base liquid a lot.  I have started using rejuvelac made from sprouted wheat.  Its another type of probiotic and its great as well.  


This bright pink one is the best.  It seriously taste like a treat or icecream but has so many good nutrients in it.  Here is the post that has the recipe and goes into a little more detail about this one.  



I have loved making these and going for 300 days.  I feel healthier even though my weight may not reflect that.  I still am working on my sweet tooth.   I feel like I have more energy than I used to.  Plus I know that I am getting better nutrients than I used to.  Its fun to see what new smoothie we can come up with each day.  My 1 year old loves these smoothies, as soon as he sees me pour it into my mason jar he is begging for me to share it with him. 
Today we all fought over the smoothie, it made 1.5 quarts and it was gone quick.  I love that the kids like it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment