Thursday, March 3, 2016

Children's books #2

I am so glad that most of my life libraries have been "free" (with out property taxes I know now as an adult)  Where we live now we don't have a city library and the closest one you have to pay a yearly fee. So it makes me appreciate it a little bit more now that isn't a privilege we have anymore.

 I have never been one to read a book more than once unless its an instructional book.  Normal story fiction books I don't like to read more than once because I know what is going to happen.  Because of that I have never liked to buy books except for childrens books.  Those get read multiple times a day around here.  When I was younger I always loved Curious George, I"m not quite sure why I just found him entertaining.  My sister started collecting Curious George books for me, so by the time I had children I already had a good collection of George books.  





Since they are about an animal my daughter naturally loves them.  She has plenty to read.  I love that he is so curious and always learning new things.  Granted he does get into a lot of trouble but It teaches me an important lesson as a mother.  Even though things might cause a mess or not go exactly how I planned, they are still learning things.  That is life,  messes happen.  Its ok just enjoy it and learn from it.  



As you can see my love for George spread farther than just his books.  I have a few other little trinkets that are Curious George as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment