Thursday, March 10, 2016

Cloth Diaper Review #2 Grovia ONE

Grovia ONE  

This diaper has been a huge hit in the cloth diaper world because of its amazing absorption power.   Holy cow it does absorb A TON.  So many people have switched over to these diapers for overnight.  Overnight is always a tricky thing with cloth diapers.  You need something that will absorb a lot for 12-14 hours.  Usually this means a HUGE cloth diaper bum.  This is a girly print but I don't care I put girly prints on my boys because they are cute and who knows if I will ever have a girl to cloth diaper haha.  My boys don't care.  






These diapers are great because they are pretty trim and small for a great night time diaper.   They also have this soft microfleece lining on them that makes them soft and super easy to clean off.   This is what drew me towards this diaper in the first place.  I have been using the grovia brand for a little bit and I have really liked the quality of their products.  I loved how easy they were to clean the poop off.  (oh the things that make you happy as a parent)  I have a diaper sprayer so I just spray it off and it comes off so easily with this microfleece.  

These can also be used as velcro diapers.  They are called the ONE because they are for everyone.  Even those velcro lovers.  The velcro tabs snap onto the snaps and you can velcro it on.  I found the velcro is really sticky and awesome but sometimes it was so strong that it would come unsnapped so you would have to snap it back on.   Plus I'm not a big velcro fan, I will pick snaps anytime. 


It has a top bigger insert that has lines or groves that help absorb the wetness.  Then you snap in a lower insert that helps absorb even more for older babies.  I have only used these on my older son but I have heard that you only need the one top insert for smaller babies.



Also if you are using it on a smaller baby where the rise (front snaps) would be snapped down to make it smaller you can swivel the smaller inserts to make it fit.  


I really love everything about this diaper but I found out that inside the shell in the layers sewn in there, there was one layer of microfiber.  I HATE microfiber for cloth diapers.  For me and my ammonia peeing baby ( yes I have had our local cloth diaper experts help with wash routine,  he just has extra stinky pee)  It holds onto stink so fast and its just not a good thing for our cloth diaper stash.   That is the one downfall to these amazing diapers for us.  So many other cloth diaper moms swear by these.



I used to have a whole bunch of these but once I found out they have some microfiber in them I sold off a bunch and only kept a handful of them as only my older son could use them.  I use  them for night time or for daddy.  They are very daddy friendly.  He doesn't like or get the prefold and covers very well.  I like to keep daddy friendly diapers around for him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment