Thursday, March 24, 2016

My self weaning baby

I have nursed all three of my babies for different amounts of time all for different reasons.  I have loved each experience differently.  Here is my full history of  nursing my babies if you want the whole story on each one.

My baby  just turned one a few months ago and he has pretty much self weaned sadly.   A few weeks before he turned 1 he was still nursing 4-5 times a day so I thought he would continue to nurse for a while but suddenly he started wanting less and less to do with nursing.  I wasn't trying to get him to stop I was actually doing the opposite. haha.  I like nursing him and like the consequences of that (my cycle still hasn't started)   So I was sad when he suddenly changed, I don't think I was quite ready for that.  

I am quite sad about this whole situation and I don't feel like I am ready for him to be done. Obviously he thinks differently.  Although the one nice thing about this is that Daddy can put him to bed now if I need him to.   I love having time to just sit down and relax with him.  Taking time with just me and baby.  Its hard to get time like that with 3 kids.  
It also means he needs to be eating better solid food.  He is an ok eater but not that great.  So we will have to work on this part for him.  He is a pretty slender little guy so we need to feed him lots of avacados.


I think the worst part about him being done is that he is growing up faster than I would like.  I don't have a baby anymore.  With my other two kids I was ready to have another baby at this point but I don't think for my sanity and my husbands sanity we should add another bundle of joy quite yet. Having three pretty close together has taken us for a spin.  Its crazy how fast they grow up, and with each baby it goes faster and faster.  I guess I can enjoy the new stages he will go through and look forward to nursing my next baby and maybe I"ll enjoy it even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment