Thursday, March 17, 2016

Ever had a Pintrest FAIL?!?!

We recently moved right?  So I am adding decorations to this new house. I tried to use my old decorations I had up at our old house just in new places or rearrange the set up.  In our kitchen I had seen this idea on pintrest.

 Yup my best crafty buddy.

  I went to find the pin later and couldn't find it so I just made it how I remembered.  I ordered these hoops off ebay.  I tried to find some at the DI but it ended up being cheaper to get them in a group online.  Then I went to my favorite fabric store Joanns and picked out the colors and fabric I wanted.
I stained the hoops and then hung them up.  They turned out cool I thought.  A little old fashioned but cute.  My husband says they look like grandmas house.  Oh well.



Then I got these letters at Joanns as well and stained them the same color as the hoops.  I had these three picture frames in my kitchen in my old house and I wanted to use them again so I just bought some navy spray paint and painted them.  Now they match and are still great quality, they all match pattern wise and it only cost me a can of spray paint.




I finally got my picture frames painted and bought the shelves for the letters to go on. Yay I have a few glass jars I am going to put on top that will have the yellow, navy and clear/white beads in them.  



I got some flour sack towels that I had originally bought to use as cloth diapers but they don't absorb enough for my guy.  So I decided to use them in my kitchen since they do absorb a lot.  I bought some dye to dye them navy, yellow and gray to match the colors.   I dyed them all and they looked good I washed them all seperate 2 times to make sure to get all the dye out but apparently that wasn't enough.  I give a more detailed account in this post  my kitchen towel disaster.  It totally ruined my day.  So now everytime when I look at those towels or my sons "white"  now tinged yellow onsies.  I am reminded of how much I don't like how that part turned out.  You can say pintrest FAIL!!!

  So I have a new plan.  I am going to go get colored towels, navy, yellow and gray.  I want to sew the left over fabric from the grandma circles on them so they are cuter than just normal kitchen towels.    Well see how I can fail that one huh?  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment