Monday, December 28, 2015

Shower? Oh ya I would like one of those.....

Some daily tasks really become quite a challenge when you have small children.  One of those being taking a shower. My kids are 4, 3 and 10 months old, so they are all small and home all day with me, except for the 2 hours my daughter is at preschool.  Generally they are pretty good to play and let me take a quick shower, but most times I am hurrying so too much wont be destroyed before I get out.... or I just don't get to shower.

 Today I got the kids some breakfast and hurried and jumped in the shower. I figured I had about 5 min before someone would come in wanting something.   I was right.  I had two kids in the bathroom saying they needed something.  I would have had a third as well but he was strapped in his high chair.   Normally I wait until nap time to jump in the shower.  Then usually at least two of the three are napping.  This just doesn't pertain to showering but eating a meal, being able to go to the bathroom by yourself, or reading a book.   It really makes me laugh when I'm not in the moment.... and sometimes even in the moment depending on the day.  I thought this summed it up nicely.


  I would never change my life and how it has played out.  I love my kids and how close together they are.  They play so well  together most of the time and they say the cutest things sometimes.  My daughter will randomly come up to me and say "I love you mom"  and that melts my heart.  Being a mother does change your life and its for the better. Even if you don't get a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment