Monday, December 21, 2015

I can't Mom today anymore......

The day started off like any other day except that my baby wouldn't sleep.  Your guess is as good as mine teeth, sickness or being cold (my kids like to play with the vents and will randomly close them).  I "slept" most of the night in the recliner that is in his room with him laying on my chest.  So not much.  I proceeded to wake up for work at 5.  The other kids woke up about 7:30 like normal and we started our day with cereal and a green smoothie.

The kids played with every toy we have it seemed like and didn't pick any of it up... I mean why would they its fun to step on toys when they run around being goofy.  I was trying to get baby down for a nap in his room and I hear the kids laughing hysterically so I think oh good they are getting along well, but I wonder if they are doing something naughty.  Its like the silence thing with toddlers.... Something must be up. So I finish feeding and rocking baby to sleep and go out to the kitchen.

   Oh.... My..... Word.....

 There was milk spattered everywhere on the floor, all over the kids faces, and clothes.  I was not happy as I have told them numerous times that we do not spit and especially not milk on each other.  So they went to time out....together.  That was a terrible idea.  So I left one in time out in the garage while the other went to their room.  They were still laughing thinking it was hilarious.  I was still fuming.  I thought well for sure now I need to mop the floor, I had been meaning to do it for weeks but hadn't gotten around to it.  I made them wipe up the milk they had gladly spit on the floor and then I put Max to bed and told Lexi she could read books.

I was doing laundry that day and I had put one of my newly dyed sun yellow kitchen towels in the wash with a load not thinking and the white items came out yellow.  I just yelled at myself for not thinking that one through.  So then I thought well the others are probably going to do the same thing so I better wash them all again.  So I did, I put all three of my colors together sun yellow, denim blue and gray together...... I know I know.  Think about this.   I didn't though because I was still flustered and mad about the last batch of clothes and the milk.   I went to put the towels in the dryer and I see the pretty sun yellow is a disgusting dingy yellow now.  DUH!?!  Didn't I just make this mistake an hour ago?  Seriously what is my problem.  I just wanted to throw all of the towels away I was so mad. I had spent a lot of time dying these and I loved how they turned out.....before my lovely idea to wash them all together.

At that point I decided I am done I just need to stop today.  I can't do anything else I just can't Mom today anymore.  Who knows what else I would screw up.

Days like this happen more often than I would hope they do.  I just have to remember that country song that goes something like this " Your going to miss these days"  Very hard to see how I would miss milk all over my floor but I try to keep my thoughts positive.  I go to bed and I think tomorrow is a nice fresh day.  I can make it a great Mom day, it has to be better than today at least.  Right?!?

3 comments:

  1. Umm, are you sure you weren't just peeking in my window and writing about my life? Lol jk

    I constantly sing that song to myself. But I've been told my older moms that I won't miss the messes or the hard stuff, but I'll miss the snuggles, excitement of grieving, the laughs. So I try to stop when I'm frustrated and snuggle or do something that makes me laugh with them. I'm not perfect at it but it helps. Sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. Your post is like every day of my life. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete