Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I made sunscreen because of this...

 I have been slacking at the Blog lately.  We have just been so busy with Spring and yard work.  Getting our house ready for the crazy remodeling stuff.  So needless to say the blog has taken the back burner.  Here I am though ready to share some fun new stuff I have experimented with.



The more I learn about being natural and using plants, the more amazed I am at what has been allowed to be put in our "stuff"  I can't believe what is in our food, our beauty products.   We are surrounded by all of this bad stuff that has been put in.  No wonder we have so many health issues.

Anyway.....

Our skin is our largest organ and we put so many things on it.  Lotion, soaps, sunscreen just to name a few.  I went and looked at the ingredients in our lotion and sunscreen and besides the fact I didn't know what more than half of them were the other half I did know weren't good things to be putting on our skin to be absorbed into our bodies.
 So I went on a search of home made sunscreen and lotions.  I have recently loved making my own salves and I figured there would be one for lotion and suncreen. Sure enough there is.    Good old Wellness mama.   She is amazing  here is here post and recipe for the sunscreen.  I had most of the ingredients I had to get zinc oxide and red raspberry seed oil.  So it was pretty easy for me to make.


We were going on a trip for spring break so I wanted to make it before we left so I could test it out.  I just put them in some containers I already had from previously ordering a bunch of containers.


I used it on our trip and it worked the kids did get a little red one day because I am not in the habit of reapplying sunscreen. Normal sunscreen usually last all day.  I think if I would have reapplied it they wouldn't have gotten that little red.  It worked great though.  I felt so much better knowing exactly what was going on their skins too.   I will be using this all summer and hopefully it will work great and I will get in the habit of applying it again and start a new habit.  Its pretty cheap too once you add in all the ingredients.  So much better for your skin because I add vitamin E so I know they are getting good lotion as well while they are being protected from the sun.





No comments:

Post a Comment