Tuesday, May 30, 2017

I have food storage but medicinal storage?!?




I found a book that was recommended in a group I participate in and I have loved it.  I know how important food storage is.  So when I heard about this it made total sense to me that we should have medicinal storage too.  I mean we are bound to get sick in an emergency just from stress alone.  Then as I started reading this it just seemed like something I needed to do.  So as I was reading through this book I started to search out and find out about new natural ways to treat illnesses.  This got me started on a whole new phase of Natural healing.
She goes into detail about how she had to find and was lead to find new natural ways to treat her Lyme disease.  She said she had to write is all down and make a book out of it because she had found so much stuff that could benefit so many other people.  She was also lead by the spirit to write this book and share her knowledge.
I am glad she did because she has so much good information in this book. I will always keep this on hand to have in an Emergency or if we come to the point where drs aren't available.  I will have somewhere to go, to know what to do.

She talks about Hauns Mill,  If you are LDS you will know this story.  This woman Amanda Smith was lead to know what herbs and natural things she could do to heal her sons blown out hip.  I'm sura a lot of faith went into this experience as well.  But she took the things around her that she was inspired to use and his hip healed and a gristle grew in place and he was never crippled in life.  Amazing.  The way she explained it though made so much sense.  God knows what plants will heal our body he put them here so we can use them.  I am just amazed at how much he put here and we just need to learn how and when to use them all.
After this story she says there are some important steps we need to take

  1.  Turn to the Lord first.  He knows all and will help us
  2.  We need more than simple weeds or food to help us treat the illnesses that may lie ahead of us.
  3.  We need to store remedies in our home.
  4.  Use more than one remedy or treatment
  5.  Use remedies with diligence.  


She goes through and talks about how we can prevent sickness in a disaster and what precautions we can take.  She then goes through some diseases and what they are virus or bacteria and what you can use to treat it.  She has a top 20 things she would recommend everyone has on hand for a medical emergency.  They are pretty basic things that can be used for multiple sicknesses or just in our daily use.  So you can rotate through your medicine storage just like you would your food storage.
I found so many helpful things to use for when we get sick and get a common cold or flu.  There are so many different ways to treat it.  It depends on how our body reacts to that certain treatment too.
So I love that she explains each one in so much detail.  Its such a good book I highly recommend it for anyone.  I know that I will continue to use it for years to come.  I will use it for a reference book for so many things.

This got me researching other balms, salves and tinctures to have on hand.  So I made a little kit that I take with us when we go on a trip or camping.  Wherever we go.  I got this little bag for cheap.



I filled it up with your basic first aid bandages


Then I added Silver in a spray bottle for sunburns or other skin problems. I love silver I don't know how I lived without it before. 


I have a neosporin type salve, suncreen, a vicks like salve and an activated charcoal mix.  


Its so nice to just have this in the car and have it when we go places.  I have really gotten into making new more natural things for me and my family.  I will share more later but it has inspired me to research and seek to learn more about the plants that have been put here on earth and how to use them.  One day I might have to use them to save us or just help us out. I want to be prepared and know what I can do.   I also just love anything natural lately that is my passion.  I want to learn all I can.  


No comments:

Post a Comment