Monday, April 17, 2017

Salad in a jar party.... now that is my kind of party!!!

In one of my crunchy healthy groups I am in they did a Salad in a Jar party.  It was great, because who doesn't want to eat healthier.  Its nice because its just all ready for you to grab and eat a healthy lunch. 
We all brought different ingredients and put them together.  There are certain things that have to go on the bottom in the dressing so they won't get soggy.  This chart kind of helps with that.  It also gives some good ideas of new things to try.  I have tried a bunch of new things I wouldn't have thought to put in salad.  They have turned out pretty good and add variety into my diet. 


The chart is kind of blurry but I wanted you guys to see and get an idea of what you can use.  
These salads in a jar make life so much easier and healthier.  I don't know about you but by the time I get kids lunch and they finish I end up eating left overs or just totally forgetting to eat.  So these are nice I would just grab one of the fridge and dump it out on my plate and there I have a healthy delicious lunch ready for me.  

We used pint jars and at first I was like that is going to be too small.  If you stuff it in well enough its plenty.  I have even filled my jar too full of the toppings and I didn't have any room for the greens.  That is ok though I usually have some sort of greens in my fridge and I can add that base pretty easily.  Plus its all the toppings that is time consuming to cut up for just one salad.  

We have done 5 jars at a time and that way it last you a week or so depending on how fast and often you eat them.  I have eaten them with dinner too and shared with everyone. I have only done this twice but it was great both times and I liked most of them.  I have had one or two that just didn't mix well with what I had experimented with.  You just learn as you go what mixes well with what.  

I didn't have a picture of the ones I made so I found this cool picture on pintrest that had some pretty good ideas and different types of salads.  Looks good with all of those colors.  




No comments:

Post a Comment