Monday, May 8, 2017

Update on Natural deodorant search

So after that last deodorant post I had some suggestions and so I explored them.  The first one was this Arm and Hammer one.  It is  very reasonably priced for a "natural" deodorant and easily accessible.  Walmart carries it.  I did like it and used it for a while but it does feel wet when you apply it and I don't really like that feeling.  It worked a lot better than any of the other ones I had tried up to this point.

I then heard about Schmidt's and found a sale so I got a few.  I didn't really like the smell of the cedar wood and juniper one.  The rose vanilla is divine... and charcoal magnesium is my favorite.  I feel like the charcoal magnesium one is softer. I do love it because I know that the charcoal is good and it removes any toxins that are in my skin.  I know I have plenty because I have used commercial deodorant for 20+ years.    So charcoal is a substance that absorbs toxins and poisons. I had heard and read about them using it in the ER's with patients that had swallowed household cleaners or other poisons.  I hadn't really heard about using it besides that until I read the Medical storage book.  She goes into a lot of detail about how she uses it in daily life.  Its wonderful and great to have on hand for medical emergencies.

Magnesium is a mineral I have been trying to up in my diet its hard though because I don't know a lot of food that has magnesium.  I have been taking magnesium baths and I even have a supplement for magnesium. It plays such an important role in our muscles and digestive health.  So I thought this was a great combination for a deodorant.

Plus I feel like all of these Schmidt deodorants work well and I don't feel like I stink.  They don't go on wet. So they are just what I was looking for and it has all the natural healthy stuff I wanted.  Yay.
I finally found my deodorant that works and smells great.

No comments:

Post a Comment