Monday, February 6, 2017

Yoga

A new year is a new me..... or improved me.  I know I know most new years resolutions don't work out..... but I have been pretty good at achieving mine the last few years.   Maybe I'm not choosing hard enough ones. ha ha  I feel like I made some pretty good achievable ones this year.   I am excited and very motivated about all of them.   Here is one of my favorite ones.

Yoga.... YAY!!!  I have been a slacker since I had my third child.   I used to run and bike but it has just been too hard to do with everything else I have to do.
I have wanted to do Yoga for a while so my husband got me a yoga mat for Christmas and its nice.  Its a nice thick pad.   We started to do this 30 day challenge on you tube.  It has been really good.  I like that yoga is both relaxing and a work out.  How it can be both I am learning. I never knew yoga was so hard.  You have to have a lot of muscles to hold and move your body around.  I am amazed at how weak my arms are.  The instructor makes it look so easy to hold all of these positions.  Its not exhausting though. I feel so much more rejuvenated after a session.


I also love that Jared does it with me.  We put the kids to bed and then we start it and usually Lexi will come out and want to do it with us.  She likes it and is pretty flexible, she will show us up. Its something fun that we can do together.

I have never been flexible so this is one of my big goals that I know yoga will help with.  I have maybe noticed a small improvement but we have only been doing it for 2 weeks.  I"m sure it will continue to get better.
Yoga is also part of my self improvement or self discovery.  It has really helped me relax and not stress so much.  It helps me realize what my body is capable of.  I think it will help me with discovering my body and listening to it.  This goes along with the book I was reading power of positive thinking.  We are able to do so much more than we think we can if we just believe in ourselves.  Yoga is one of those things.  Some of those positions are had but it just takes practice and being still and quiet to be able to focus on that.  I love having that quiet time each day to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment