Tuesday, February 21, 2017

All good things must come to an end....

The books is over....sad but good at the same time.  I can go to the next book on my reading list.  This book has been great I hope you guys have learned some things to help you stay more positive.  Here is my thoughts on the last two chapters.  Enjoy!!!



Prescription for heartache

I think everyone has experienced heartache in their life.  There are so many different kinds and ways that our hearts ache for things.   He talks about how we can overcome that.  The key is physical activity.  We must not sit and brood on whatever it is.  Get up and do something.  It doesn't matter what it is, walking, running, doing service for others.  Get your blood moving in your body.

Before I served my mission I was in a hard spot where I was a little bit depressed... long story but I found myself just wanting to sit around and think about nothing, which lead to feeling sorry for myself for whatever reason.  I had a great roommate at the time that made me get out and go to activities with her and it helped me get out of the weird rut I was in.  When I was busy and not just sitting around thinking about myself, life was soooo much better.

He goes on to talk about how we have to believe that there is life after death to be able to release some of that heart ache.  If we have lost a loved one we know where they are and what they are doing. This will save us a lot of heartache.

How to draw upon that higher power.

He says everyone should work hard but not so hard that they are working inefficiently.   That doesn't do anyone any good.   He has this advice, practice resting yourself in God,  Practice depending on Him for his support and power, and then believe that he is giving it to you and let it flow through you.   I can tell this will take some faith and practice to let things go and turn it over to the Lord.  It will be a continuous thing to practice.
He says the second way to draw on that power is to Learn to take a positive, optimistic attitude towards every problem.  I feel like I have been better at doing this since I started reading this book.  I have been given new ideas and new ways to stay positive.
If there is a deep desire, intensity of longing and a sincere reaching out after the power that it will be given.

I just love how this book goes right along with our faith and it just seems to go hand in hand with what I already knew and believed its just sometimes we have to be reminded or pushed in the right direction.  I have loved this book so much and I feel like it has really influenced my life for the better.  I will use these techniques throughout my life and hopefully be able to teach them to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment