Monday, December 5, 2016

Why I let my boys play with dolls


We baby sat my nephew the other day he is 5 months old and it was great.  It fed my baby hunger and it was good.   He is an adorable baby but he is always hungry and reminded me of how a baby is.  I looked at my 22 month old and realized he is no longer a baby.   Funny how when they are your youngest you forget how a real baby is.  


Anyways it was fun and I enjoyed it.  Apparently my "baby" did too.  We have a few baby dolls that were given to my daughter but she hasn't played with them much the last little bit.  My baby started to carry around these dolls and feed them his fishies, or take them for a stroller ride.  He would also share his binki with them and look at them like he was comforting it.  It was adorable.  He also likes to read books to his baby.  He will lay in his crib at night or at nap time with his baby and read books till he falls asleep.  I realized that this was from seeing me take care of my nephew.  He is so observant.  He will see the older kids do things and he will imitate them.  So he was being a mommy.  I thought it was so cute.  
I think its great for boys to play with dolls.  Some dads and even moms are not ok with that idea because they are boys.... They should play with boy toys like trucks.  We have plenty of trucks and I think its sweet for him to play with a doll.  
He will hopefully be a Father one day and this is good practice for him to know how to take care of a baby.  That improves his fatherhood abilities.  I am not worried about how he is playing with a "girls" toy.  I think its adorable.    




No comments:

Post a Comment