Monday, December 19, 2016

My himalayan salt lamp

I have gotten quite a few questions about our himalayan salt lamps.  My husband for one thinks it's just a big expensive cool looking rock.  I started to have my doubts too after reading all sorts of stuff on the internet.  You can find whatever you want to find on the internet for or against anything.


I had heard about them in a crunchy group I'm in and thought I want to try if it will help kids sleep and improve with allergies.  So I got one on Amazon of course, I do a lot of my shopping on Amazon now.  Its just easier and they usually have a good price.  I put ours in our kitchen since that is where we spend most of our time.   What can I say we like to eat. haha.

These salt lamps emit negative ions, very small amounts but when you have it lit for long periods of time it releases more.  These negative ions help with all of the positive ions that are in our air around us from electronic devices.  These positive ions disrupt our sleep, cause stress and can make allergies worse.  Having a salt lamp lit will help counter some of these positive ions we have on our homes, even if it is a small amount.

They are a great night light as well, they are soothing.  We have one in our kids bed room and they love it.  It is their night light as well as doing all of the other great things that they do.  Something else my husband said was that the light alone is probably taking up way too much energy just to have it on all the time.  It actually runs on a 15 watt bulb.  That is nothing, it will not raise your electric bill.

They can sooth allergies as well because the lamps attract  water vapor that is in the air.  This water vapor can carry mold, bacteria and allergins.  It will carry these to its surface and remove them from the air.  So it can help purify our air.  I figure if it has a chance of helping us keep sickness and allergies away, its worth it.  Well take it.

I really like the look of them, they have this low orange glow about them.  You know how when you look at a fire and are mesmerized by it?  Well this is kind of like that.  It just feels good and looks amazing.  I know these lamps are not a cure all but they are beautiful and they are doing a small little part in being a little bit healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment