Thursday, December 8, 2016

Power of positive thinking.....Expect the best and get it!!!

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth"  Mark 9:23

What do you believe in?

This doesn't mean that  by believing you are necessarily going to get everything you want or think you want.  That wouldn't be good for us.  When you put your trust in God, he guides your mind so that you do not want things that are not good for you.  This can be really hard to accept.  I read an article in the Ensign last week that talked about if we are ready to accept Gods will no matter what it may be.  This young couple had just gotten married and the husband had found cancer and they were asking for a blessing and one of the general authorities went and asked a few questions before he gave him a blessing he said are you really ready to accept whatever got has in store for you?  Even if it is returning to your heavenly home right now?  That came as quite a shock to the couple they weren't expecting that, they didn't really want that.  Were they truly willing to accept whatever his will was?

Part of expecting the best is that you have to do your part and actually work to get it.  I think we all know that you can't just expect to sit back and have great things happen to you.  We have to go all out and put all of ourselves into whatever we are working for.  If we do this and put everything we have in, life will not hold out on us either.

We have to be specific about what we want.... we can't just say I want to be happy.  We have to have objectives about what we want to do to be happy and what makes us happy.  We need to take them one by one and work little by little.   We know we can only do so much but as long as we are giving it our all and continuously working towards that goal we will be blessed.

A lot of this chapter and even this whole book is about being true to yourself and really letting those deep feelings and wants out.  We have to be honest with ourselves on how hard we are really working, what we truly want,  What God wants of us.   This is a hard one, In order to know this we have to be one with God, we have to have that communication open with him.  One of the questions he asks is "should we want it? "  talking about whatever we are working towards.... what is our purpose in wanting it.  Will it help us?    We can ask God for any right thing and ask it as a little child... They truly believe and have such great faith.  We cannot doubt, it closes the flow of power but if we believe and have faith then we can do it.  Faith is so powerful that if God is for us, who can be against us?  Really!?!  Think about that for a minute.... he knows all and is all powerful.

I have really been trying to build this closer relationship with my Heavenly Father to try to be more in tune with the spirit and be able to use this power through faith.  As I raise my own children I need the divine guidance from Him.  I want my kids to be successful and be good people, so I need his help to know what they need individually.  We are learning quickly that each child is so very different.  Different things work for different kids and we have to adapt to each one to help them learn and love.

 A small phrase he had in this chapter that really made me think was "Love cannot live under domination"   I am a pretty stubborn person and when it comes to throwing fits I can tell its a struggle for me.  This phrase though is making me see myself better  I can't just dominate the kids.  I have to work with them and come to an agreement.  Love doesn't work in a forceful way it has to be felt.  I have a hard time with being firm and domination.   I guess its about our intentions if I'm just being stubborn and don't want to let it go or if I really feel that its an important lesson to learn.   Its hard being a parent some days.  I really am trying to do my best and I love the insights that this book gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment