Monday, December 12, 2016

How I treated my sinus infection naturally


As the season finally changed and it actually started to feel like winter a few weeks ago I got a terrible cold.  It started out with a sore throat and I tried to suck on the onguard throat drops but I"m not a huge fan of the taste of them.  I did it anyways because I did not want to get sick.  Nothing is worse than being a mom of three young kids and being sick.   I upped my water intake hoping to keep it away too.
The next day I was sick sick luckily it was saturday so my husband was home he could watch the kids.  I just was sore and did not feel good.  I drank lemon honey tea.  I learned this remedy while on my mission in Chile.  It was great.  I already know how good lemon is for me and of course honey.  It was the only thing that helped my throat and made me feel better.  I drank that three times a day for quite a few days.
Sunday came around and I felt a little better I was still very stuffed up and I felt sinus pressure but I made it through church alright.   I continued to be incredibly stuffed up and had this terrible sinus pressure that hurt my eye and was giving me a constant headache.   I even tried putting some breathe essential oil on my nose and sinus and it burned my eyes.  I should have done it before I went to bed. haha  Lesson learned.

After a week of being sick of being stuffed up and this terrible sinus pressure, I was ready to be done.  I really didn't want to go to the doctor because I knew what they would prescribe me....  antibiotics and I did not want that.  So I said If I am still sick at two weeks then I"ll have to make the decision to go in or suffer some more.  I can't live like this any longer.  I went and got a foot zone for this and some other reasons as well.  I believe it helped with the sinus infection, I was sure I had.  She also suggested drinking colloidal silver.  I had never thought of that.  I mean, I use it topically, for things like that but I have never actually ingested it.  I don't know why I didn't think of it, it's a natural antibiotic and will kill those nasty bugs.  So I started drinking it just a tsp twice a day.  I also got some Vitamin c tablets and unscented garlic pills. I had heard these were great to ward off sicknesses.  So I started doing all of these things at the same time.  I also started diffusing Breathe right by my bed at night, I know this helped me sleep better and be able to breathe.



This was all on saturday, a week after I had been really sick.  So by about wed, a week and a half of being sick, I was feeling much better. I wasn't blowing my nose 89 times a day anymore.  I was so happy when I finally started to feel better.  Since I started doing most of it at the same time I can't say it was just one thing that helped fight it off but I was so glad that I did it using natural resources.  I think it was a great combination of all of it.

I also didn't eat any sugar.... that is hard.  I have really been trying to cut back on our sugar intake lately and it has been hard, I am a major sugar tooth.  I know sugar just feeds the sickness, and is overall terrible for our body so I put my foot down and told myself  NO!   Great lesson to myself,   I can do hard things.   I also started to drink a ton of water, this was so helpful except the part where I have to go to the bathroom 15 times a day.
I am just so glad that I was able to use my resources that I have found so far on my trying to be healthier and natural journey.   I love learning about new things and actually getting to try them out first hand.  I hope to be able to fight sickness off all winter long the preventative way.


No comments:

Post a Comment