Monday, September 12, 2016

Who doesn't like gigantic muffins?

I recently started watching this awesome vlog on You tube.  It's called "She's in her Apron".  I love it.  She is a down to earth mom and she just shows her life.  I love watching these, she has motivational Monday and she gives good ideas on how to clean and run a house.  I have gotten some really good ideas from her.   She makes me want to be a better home maker and wife.  So that is good right?

She has this recipe for these muffins and I tried them they are sooo good.  I followed the recipe exactly but next time I want to tweek it a little bit and add some applesauce in place of oil and see if I can do less sugar too.  They were a hit though the kids love them.  I love how they are in the bigger muffin tin too.  They seem more costco like as well.  


I made two batches  because it only makes 6 giant muffins plus I wanted to do blueberry and then Max wanted poppy seed.  


I made them exactly the same and then added the two different flavors.  For some reason the  blueberry batter was a little bit thicker. 













I had a little bit extra so I put them in normal sized muffin tins.   



OH my!!!   They came out sooo perfect with the crusty tops and they were soooo good.  They are almost all gone and I just made them today.  





Here is the recipe for you to enjoy them as well......
I love it when a recipe turns out and I can add it to my book. 

3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour (very careful not to overmeasure)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs, room temperature preferred
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
1 cup (240ml) milk*
1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil (or vegetable or melted coconut oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups (150g) fresh or frozen blueberries
coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray your muffin tin of choice with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.In a large bowl, gently toss together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until all dry ingredients are combined - a 20 second toss to disperse everything together. Set aside.In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Mix in milk, oil, and vanilla. Mixture will be pale and yellow. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. Avoid overmixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain. The batter will be VERY thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Top with a sprinkle course sugar, if preferred. Bake at 425F degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 and continue to bake for 25-26 minutes until tops are lightly golden and centers appear set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before enjoying.Muffins taste best fresh the same day. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months.
Additional Notes:
*Buttermilk is preferred for the moistest texture. 1% or higher milk fat of regular milk would be fine. Almond milk + soy milk are OK too. 
*For 15-16 standard size muffins, reduce baking time to 18-19 total minutes: 5 initial minutes at the 425F and 13-14 minutes at 375F. For 30 mini muffins, bake for 11-12 minutes at 375F the entire time



No comments:

Post a Comment