Thursday, September 15, 2016

Things that help keep kids quiet in church

If you are a mom of little kids your ears perk up when I say things that keep kids quiet in church.
  I have found a few things that work like a charm and everyone loves them.  

One of the items is something that Grandma have one of the kids for birthday or christmas I can't remember but its a big magnet book with a whole bunch of magnets.  She gave us the train on and the kids have loved it.  So one day I was shopping at good old  Smith and Edwards and I came across the same exact ones, and was sooo happy to discover a variety of  them.  Of course I bought a whole bunch of them.  They were like $3.99 or something each.  So worth it.  



Of course we have to have animals Lexi loves the animal ones.  So we got a farm and zoo one.  Lexi likes to use all of the animals interchangeably.  It doesn't matter if it goes to that magnet board.  


They are pretty narrow so they fit into my church bag which is great.  This is the inside of the zoo one.  Its pretty large and has room for the animals.  Sometimes they are squished if you don't arrange them right.... as if there is a right way.  haha



This last time I was at Smith and Edwards I found a fairy one and Lexi is sometimes into fairies..... it comes and goes.  I think I have every one they had in stock.   Have a mentioned I love them.



Then we have the Melissa and Doug reusable stickers.  These pads are quite a bit bigger than the magnet pads.  They have a ton of "stickers" for each page.  There are probably 6-9 different pages with different themes on each one.  Like the boy one has tractors on one page,  an airplanes page, construction, and boats.   
I store the stickers in the wipes containers that I get with each box of wipes.    They make great storage containers. 



We have quite a few as you can tell.  




This one has been Lexis favorite,  she has played with this one so many times.  She loves putting all the of the dresses on the girls.  It has been well worth the money, these ones are only $4.99 I think.  I found a bunch at Smith and Edwards again... 
I really have to limit how much I go to that store because I always find something I "need" there.  


This is another one of our favorites is the animal one as you can guess.  It took Lexi a while to be able to do it on her own and get the stickers unstuck from being in the containers.  But now she can do it without a problem and she even helps Max.  Maybe its that the stickers are so old they don't really stick together haha.  Who knows... I am just glad that they are so entertaining for the kids.  


I really have loved these and recommend them for anyone with kids... even if you don't go to church.  My kids play with them everywhere.  Even in the car on long road trips.  They have been a life saver to me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment