Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Wellness mama is very inspiring to me

We have been incredibly busy so once again slacker on the blog. Sorry.  Maybe when my kids are a little older and summer is over I will be better at posting on Mondays again.  For now its just going to be random, because my littles come first.

YES!  The day has finally come.....

We have finally got the basement ready for painting. Yay!  So I spent my days painting for  a week and I would listen to this new book  Essentialism.  I really really liked it and I will have a whole different post about that book because it had so many good things.  I also have been listening to the Wellness mamas podcasts. I have been using her blog for a while now.  I just love her she is so down to earth and real.  I love her story and I feel like I relate to it a little.    She also always talks about simple small things that you can do today to start your way on a healthier way.  I love that because then I don't feel so overwhelmed, because I am an all or nothing person.  I can do one little thing at a time, and she helps me do that.   She also explains things so well and has researched a lot of why and explains things so well.  I really feel like I understand the why or why not of certain healthy lifestyles she is promoting.

Here is her website if you want to take a look. https://wellnessmama.com/

There are so many things she has talked about but one of the things I like most is that she is all about teaching us to teach our kids how to be healthy.  It becomes a family thing.  We involve kids in making and learning about food and what ones are good.  Why they are good?  what they do for us?
Also when we learn something and we end up teaching it then we learn and study even more.  We become better at it.

I have listened to about half of her podcasts so far.  Some of them I don't care to listen to quite yet because they don't apply directly to me.  for example thyroid problems.  I don't have that so I would rather listen to the other ones that I can relate more to. Eventually I will listen to them though because I am sure there is still a lot of good info in them.   I think she has been doing a podcast for 2-3 years one day a week so she has over 100 of them.  They are all between 20 min and an hour about.  So I find as I do the dishes I will listen to them.  I did listen to a lot of them while I painted the WHOLE basement and it made it enjoyable.

I would highly recommend listening or reading her blog and podcast.  They have so much good info.  I am looking for more ways to be able to listen to more of them.

The more I find out about our bodies and the plants and things God has put on the earth for us. The more I am amazed.  God is so smart and we just need to research it out and use them.  He has given us so many things.  I love learning about it all and I have always loved learning about our bodies. They are so cool how they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment