Monday, January 9, 2017

Trying to get those chemicals out....

As part of my health journey I have been looking for a deodorant that doesn't have aluminum and parabens.  This has not been an easy task.  I first bought one at good old Walmart Toms brand and then before I even used it did some research on it and found out Toms has had some problems with their ingredients.  So I promptly returned it being disappointed.  First try usually doesn't work anyways right?

  I then tried the norwex one, since I love my other norwex products.  I got this and it was in a sick form but it was pasty and sticky.   I had been looking at the primal pit paste and I just couldn't get the idea of the paste on my arm pit.  I'm trying to keep it dry and not stinky and you want me to put a paste on it..... Not working.  I didn't know it was a paste when I ordered it.  I tried it anyways since I had already bought it.    It did not work.   I could smell myself and it was not good.   So that one is wasted too.  Second try .... FAILURE....


The next one I tried was the DoTerra one.  This one was an actual stick form and just like other "normal" deodorant but a little firmer.   It had a nice smell to it not too oily smelling.   You know how some oils have a not so good oil smell.  My siblings will know what I mean.   After a few days I noticed it was not working.  I"m not generally a sweaty girl unless I'm out working in the hot sun or really nervous.   I was quite disappointed again.... Third try and it's just not working out.


So I guess for now I will just have to stick to my good old Dove deodorant.  There are some other options to try, I have heard good things about home made stuff I just need to research it more when I am up to try another kind.

2 comments:

  1. I use straight baking soda and I love it. I pour a little of the powder in my hand and rub it in my armpit over the sink. It works so good! I've tried every kind of deodorant and they all leave me still smelling gross. Now I don't smell at all! And I'm a stinky person. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy I will have to try that. I know baking soda is good for so many things. Thanks for the ideas.
      p.s. Your boys are so cute

      Delete