Monday, March 20, 2017

New basic salve to use for everything

As part of my natural health journey I have been learning more about essential oils and using them.   I have been attending these online camps where they have so much information about oils.  I have learned so much I love them.  They have a few posts everyday that you learn and read about how you can use a certain oil more.  They also explain the benefits of the oils.  

One of my new items that I have found helpful is this salve.   You can really add whatever oils you want to the basic recipe and use it for different things.   I made this one for chest colds.  I want to make one for skin and stretch marks.  Like to rub on your belly when I am pregnant again.  I feel like this would work a lot better than what I have used previously.   So here is the basic recipe.

1/2 c grapeseed oil
1/2 cup almond oil
2 tablespoons beeswax
1/2 tablespoon vitamin E oil

  Then you add whatever oils you want.... I did Lavendar, Melalueca, frankincense and breathe oil.   I didn't have the cypress and eucalyptus that this recipe called for.  But like I said you can put anything in it for whatever you want to use it for.  It said to do 5 drops of each oil.  

I got the beeswax from amazon I believe and the other oils from the local health store.  They were relatively cheap for how much you use each batch of salve you make.  

The first thing you do is melt your beeswax down it has to be in a double boiler so I put my glass measuring cup in my pan and melted it.  
Then once its melted you add the oils and mix them all together.  
Take it off the stove and put it out to cool a bit maybe 2-3 minutes then add the oils before it starts to set up.   Then you can pour them into whatever containers you want to use.  I bought these ones off aromatools.com  I love how many different options of jars and bottles they have and they are cheap.  

You let it cool in the final containers for 2-3 hours and then they should be setup.  I store one in my babies room and then one in the older kids room.  I just rub it on their chest when they are getting a cold.  I have even used it just for a good nights sleep since it has lavender in it.  


I just used a wooden skewer to stir it with.  It really didn't take long to melt the beezwax.  






I am really excited to make another one.  I want to make one that will help with my kids ezcema they like to rub this on their skin.   I really don't like the lotions you can buy at the store.  So I am going to try this out and I"ll let you know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment