Monday, August 7, 2017

Not my season.....


I have been using this phrase a lot lately because I find that I don't have time for a lot of the things I would like to do.  This season I am in is the kid watching, teaching, laundry folding, house cleaning season.
I don't have a lot of time to read, as much as I would like to sit down and read a book for a few hours, its just not going to happen.
I don't have time or the means to volunteer at my daughters school like I would want to.  I have taken the kids and boy that was..... interesting.

Its not my season to do family history. We had a girls weekend recently and my older sister just sat and did family history the whole time.  It was cool to watch her sit down and figure out names and families.  She said its not something you can do in just an hour here and there it takes TIME.   I don't have a few hours to sit down and try to figure out that stuff.  My season is to take names that have been found by other people in their season and go to the temple once a month and do that work for them.

I know we all have things we put at a priority and maybe mine need a little tweeking but I feel pretty good about mine right now.  I need to raise my kids and teach them to be good kids. Teach them to read and play nice.  That is what is most important to me right now.
In a few years they will all be in school and I will think wow that went fast now I have time to sit down and read a book if I choose to.  I have a few hours to myself.  How would that be?
I love this season I am in and want to savor every moment as frustrating as it can be sometimes.  I know that it will go by too fast.  I want to keep those moments happy and full of love.

My season is to love my kids and show them that everyday in whatever way I can
My season is to try to get dinner on the table and have it be healthy as I can
My season is to make sure my kids learn to be nice to one another
My season is to make sure my kids have clean clothes to wear to school
My season is to try to keep the house somewhat clean and organized
My season is to plan fun activities for the kids to learn and grow
My season is to lay with my kids in their bed because they are afraid to sleep alone
My season is to have at least one kid end up in bed each night
My season is to find just a few minutes a day to give myself some me time
My season is to go outside and push my kids in the swings for hours
My season is to always have someone wanting me to help them with something
My season is to pick up crushed gold fish in the carpet and kitchen floor
My season is to teach my kids self confidence at a young age
My season is to make sure kids get in bed at a reasonable hour so they are happy the next day
My season is to make sure that kids brush their teeth
My season is to put band-aids on those scraped up knees and elbows
My season is to rock my kids to sleep
My season is to help my toddlers recognize their talents and abilities
My season is to calm my kids down after they have a nightmare
My season is to find ways that my kids will eat vegetables
My season is to answer the same question 10 times a day
My season is to interpret the toddler talk
My season is to know where everything is in the house even though it is probably a disaster
My season is to sit down and read stories with my kids
My season is to help my children come up with dreams they want to accomplish
My season is to be a loving mom and wife
My season is to be there for my kids whenever they need me

This is my season and I am happy with that.


1 comment:

  1. I think I stressed myself out as a young mother trying to do it all. Wish I would have had your blog to read then....

    ReplyDelete